HK Day 1 (And My Last Day in Manila)

Or should I say Night 1. It was my first time to fly at night and the experience was anything but pleasant. Sure you have the whole day to prepare for your upcoming departure and not have to rush to the airport but once you get to your destination, you’re so tired and useless that all you do is collapse into bed. At least, that’s what happened to me.

In the morning, I had to attend our practical exam for PE and write my exam for NatSci2. Then I met my uncle for lunch at Crazy Katsu in Maginhawa followed by a short trip to Moonleaf with my boyfriend. While waiting for him to arrive, I bought these cool vintage shades.

They were selling it as part of Tanglaw, a fund-raising project for the Ephpheta Foundation for the Blind by the ID179 Class, UP BSID 2012. Some of the eyewear were very worn and some even crooked but with patience, you’d definitely find that diamond in the rough. Look here for more items from them. See how much I used it in HK.

I headed home but stopped by a bank to do some mystery shopping for my mom. I was supposed to pose as a customer and assess their customer service. It was really fun and I was sniggering to myself the whole time. So much bull coming out of my mouth, it was hilarious.

After my short detour I went home to pack. We had about an hour to go before we had to leave so manic packing took place. We ended up taking up a lot of space in our suitcase, though. My mom and I got a little worried we might not have enough room for all the stuff we were going to buy. Time to test out my compact packing skills.

Finally, we arrived at NAIA 3 ready to board the plane. We just had to go through 2 hours of traffic but hey, that’s life. Fortunately, our companions got to check-in right as the counter closed so we all got inside the plane in time for take-off. It’s weird, it was the first time I rode a plane where the food didn’t come with the ticket. A day of firsts for me. 100 pesos for cup noodles. Crazy.

We left Manila roughly 7:30pm and landed maybe around 10:45pm (according to my trusty FB status update). We got to the hotel around 12:30am already and I don’t know why. I mean, we were told the hotel was only 15 mins away from the airport. Ow well. Here’s the view:

You know you’re in HK when there’s a whole island allocated for the shipyards. The room was tiny, teeny-tiny. I wasn’t used to such a small room. The thing I loved about it though was the great closet-slash-table-slash-refrigirator. They do space-saving right in HK.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s